Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Catch Up

I hope all of y'all had a great Father's Day! We sure did. I'm not going to break down what I ate, because y'all... It was NOT healthy. Delicious? Yes. I justify the eating because it was a holiday & you can't really "diet" on a holiday. I DID, however, drink 64 oz of water yesterday! Maybe that counter-balances the food!?! I was convinced I was going to drown. It was really tough to drink all of that water (it was a lot easier today).

Anyway. I woke up yesterday and made my hubs & little a big yummy breakfast. Then we cuddled and watched TV until it was time to go to my M-I-L's house. There my little played with his cousin & we feasted on legit Cajun jambalaya & peach cobbler. SO FREGGIN GOOD. The woman can cook. You couple that with her genuine kindness & you know I have the world's best mother-in-law!

After that we headed to my gradma's (my nannan) & she had prepared a lovely dinner for us. White beans with sausage & rice served alongside skillet fried okra, broccoli, and creamed corn. My hubs favorite meal that she makes. It was very good.

I woke up with a soar throat yesterday, & it is only getting worse today. DO YOU HAVE ANY HOME REMEDIES? If so, let me know. I also have a migraine. BOOOOO!!

This morning for breakfast I enjoyed some plain oatmeal with 1 tsp all natural peanut butter, 1/2 a banana, & a splash of almond milk. Fulfilling & yummy!
Oatmeal with 1 tsp all natural peanut butter, 1/2banana, & a splash of almond milk.
For lunch I enjoyed a roast beef (2 slices) roll up stuffed with spinach and carrots with 1 tbsp of jerk sauce. It was pretty good, healthy too!! I snacked on Quaker Wild Blueberry Crisps & sugar free pudding.
The pudding is great, because it only has 70 calories and is sugar free. It satisfies my sweet craving, which is good, because I don't like dark chocolate. For dinner I made some spicy potato soup. It is my mother-in-law's recipe, and it is only 310 calories/serving. Pretty good, huh?! 
Spicy Potato Soup

I am having a hard time finding time to get in a good workout. Does anyone else have that problem? Ya know what? That's not even the problem. The REAL problem is that I am having a tough time making time. I am not wanting to get up early, & what not. I am really hoping to get past it, by making a schedule & a check list. I LOVE LISTS! I love checking things off, so maybe that will help me. I found some really awesome free printables, which is where I got my list & some other great tools. You can find them here!
How do YOU motivate yourself to work out? I REALLY want to know. I also feel like having a partner might help? 

Do you have a blog? If so, link me to it! Having blog buddies will help keep me accountable!!

I am feeling pretty lowsy, so that is all for tonight. 

Wish me luck, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment