Sunday, June 17, 2012

The [Not So] Secret Garden

So. We planted a garden. I am pretty excited. We planted watermelon, beans, squash, zucchini, okra, & corn! Sounds good, huh?!

We (my husband & I) are pretty new to gardening, but I am excited to learn from this experience. This first time around we can learn from our mistakes and celebrate (& eat) our triumphs.

Now, let me be honest... my husband does most (ok, all) of the work in the garden. It is his baby.He was so excited to plant it. I, however, am excited to cook & eat it!!

We have been considering learning canning/jarring. Only time will tell if it is for us.

If YOU have any tips or useful links in regards to gardening & jarring, post it in the comments!

 And now, some photos of my garden!
The lattice gate to keep Maggie Moo Bear (our pup) out!

Our squash is flowering. I did not know that it flowered.
Told you I was new at this! 

The super nifty watering device my hubs came up with!
It is hooked up to a timer! 

Our corn!


I want to plant some tomatoes, peppers, herbs, & spices as well. I am pretty excited. A big HAPPY for me is getting to make homemade salsa!

Also, do YOU have any recipes that you love that involves the food we are growing? Link me to them!!!

Happy Father's Day!

Wish me luck, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment